Music and Recovery Peer-Support Meeting
12 Step Music Industry Support Group, held every Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern Standard Time. Click here to enter the room, and please see below for an overview. (you may be prompted to download the Zoom app if this is your first time)
This space is focused on discussing powerlessness, acceptance, change and growth, in order to regain sanity. To rid ourselves of the bondage of self through community with others. To provide relief, and a reminder that we are not alone, from anywhere in the world. A reprieve, of like-minded industry people, focused on staying sober based upon the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. We share a common language and this is a space for the power of two or more alcoholics/addicts to come together.
Our goal is to remember that regardless of our religious, agnostic or atheist backgrounds, there are powers at play that are greater than ourselves; As such, we should be accepting to the viewpoints of others, and use this room as a means to bring us together as a people trying to get better, focusing on our similarities rather than our differences.
We ask that you respect the following guidelines so everyone may have the best possible experience in a healthy, safe environment:
- Share your own experience, strength, and hope based on your own life experiences.
- Treat people with respect and know that they are in various stages of recovery.
- Do not chat or speak in a sexual or obscene manner or make negative racial or gender comments.
- Do not speak/chat the personal information (e.g. phone # and email) of others without their permission.
- If there are many participants, please be mindful of time constraints.
- No crosstalk.
- Speaking off-topic and/or provoking others is prohibited.
- Do not give medical advice of any kind, even if you are a licensed professional.
- Harassment and insulting behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not speak or chat while intoxicated or impaired.
- If you’ve used in the last 24 hours, please attend by listening.
- Do not participate while operating a motorized vehicle of any kind.
The 7th Tradition states:
Every group ought to be fully self-supporting declining outside contributions.” There is a link with the option to donate to the “Charity of Choice” at the bottom of the chat bar. We feel this gesture to be important to keep our community’s autonomy alive. Each of the charities we donate to aim to provide further support within the music community of those living with alcoholism/addiction. This season all contributions go to Support Act - an Australian org that provides financial assistance to artists and music workers who are facing hardship due to illness, injury or some other crisis that impacts on their ability to work in music. CLICK HERE
(If you aren’t able to donate, please do not worry. It’s you we want here and not your money!)
"Anonymity is paramount - In order to protect the privacy of others, we require that all participants agree not to record audio, video, or still images during meetings. By participating, you understand that you are solely responsible and potentially liable for any harm or damages caused by your online activity."